Whitehill Nursery School was awarded the prestigious Pre School Learning Alliance Accreditation Quality Assurance Award in January 2003.
Quality Assurance Schemes are frameworks that enable childcare providers to work towards and demonstrate measurable, high standards of quality that go above and beyond the minimum standards regulated by OFSTED.
The Launchpad to Quality
The Launchpad to Quality was developed in 2009 with the purpose of enabling early years and childcare providers to develop skills of self-evaluation and to improve their quality.
The Launchpad to Quality is a tool aimed primarily at enabling a setting to:
- Develop skills of self reflection
- Ensure all minimum standards are met and built upon
- Ensure whole staff participation
- Ensure involvement of children and families in a setting’s development and everyday life
- Develop skills of articulating practice through evidence gathering
- Develop skills of observation – both of practice and of peers
- Breakdown practice improvement into management steps.
The emphasis is on PRACTICE, not paperwork.